Register now for the 10th Annual Florida Bar IP Symposium. The IP Symposium will take place April 11-12, at the Loews Portofino Bay Hotel,5601 Universal Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32819.
Please use the following link to register for the IP Symposium: https://member.floridabar.org/s/lt-event?site=a0a36000003SDujAAG&id=a1R1R0000052GUFUA2
Our room block has expired, but there are still rooms available at the Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, just not at our discounted rate. As an alternative, there are also rooms available at the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando International Drive North, 5877 American Way, Orlando, FL 32819, Tel: 407-363-9332. This hotel is close by.
Here is a link to the Hilton Garden Inn’s Website:
Our Lunch Keynote Speaker on Friday April 12, 2019 is the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) Commissioner for Trademarks Mary Boney Denison.
Our Dinner Speaker on Thursday, April 11, 2019 is Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB) Administrative Judge George C. Pologeorgis, USPTO.
Join us for Panel discussions focusing on
• IP damages,
• Recovery of attorney’s fees under the Lanham Act,
• Understanding and opposing failure to function trademark refusals,
• Effect of Matal v. Tam and In Re: Brunetti on the registration of disparaging and scandalous trademarks,
• Recovery of lost foreign profits for patent infringement and
• Examination of copyright protection for photographs in light of the Mitchell A. Pohl v. MH Sub I, LLC decision; and
• A special presentation on World IP Day by Elizabeth L. Dougherty, Atlantic Outreach Liaison, Office of the Under Secretary and Director, USPTO
Register Now to join me for this great event!